LongHouse Scholarship Award
The LongHouse Reserve Board of Trustees and Education Committee are proud to present our second LONGHOUSE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
This award recognizes creative ambitions in all its forms including Visual and Performing Art, Horticulture, Landscape and Design.
*High school senior applicant who has either submitted to the Student Annual during high school years
(grades 9-11) or participated in an internship at LongHouse.
*Applicant could have submitted his/her own entry or could have been part of
a collaborative (including dance or music)
- One $3,000 award to a high school graduating senior attending a high school within the East Hampton Township
- One $3,000 award to a high school graduating senior from the wider community of Long Island, including but not limited, to those within the East Hampton Township
- One $3,000 award to an applicant seeking to pursue graduate studies or other experiences exemplifying the mission of LongHouse.
How to apply:
- Submit an application, an artist’s statement, 2 letters of recommendation and a portfolio.
- Application should be completed online, portfolio images sent via WeTransfer and letters of recommendation e-mailed or mailed directly to Selena Rothwell c/o LongHouse from person writing them or by student's Guidance Counselor (will not be accepted if submitted by student).
- Deadline for application is April 7, 2017
ON-LINE APPLICATION FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS (click here)
ON-LINE APPLICATION FOR COLLEGE (2 or 4 yr), GRADUATE STUDENTS, AND INTERN PARTICIPANTS (click here)
Finalists will be notified no later than May 1, 2017
Each college/graduate finalist will be asked to meet with a small committee for a conversation regarding artist statement, personal experience at LongHouse and future goals. Date and time of conversation will be determined per availability of finalist and committee.
If you are a senior and haven’t submitted to the Student Annual in grades 9-11, you can still submit to this year’s
Student Annual X. You will be eligible for a ribbon and the opportunity to receive a cash prize for Best in Show.