LongHouse Scholarship Award
The LongHouse Reserve Board of Trustees and Education Committee are proud to present our sixth LONGHOUSE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD.
This award recognizes creative ambitions in all its forms including Visual and Performing Art, Horticulture, Landscape and Design.
High school senior applicant who has either submitted to the Student Annual during high school years (grades 9-11) or participated in an internship at LongHouse.
If you are a senior and have not submitted to the Student Annual in grades 9-11, you can still submit to this year's Student Annual and be eligible for the LongHouse Scholarship Award. Prior to applying, email Education Chair, Selena Rothwell, Selena@longhouse.org for details.
- One $3,000 LongHouse Reserve Scholarship Award to a high school graduating senior attending a high school within the East Hampton Township.
- One $3,000 Ray Smith & Associates LongHouse Reserve Scholarship Award to a high school graduating senior from the wider community of Long Island, including but not limited, to those within the East Hampton Township.
- One $3,000 award to an applicant seeking to pursue graduate studies or other experiences exemplifying the mission of LongHouse.
Submissions are now being accepted. The deadline to enter is June 1, 2021.
How to apply:
- Submit an application, an artist’s statement, 2 letters of recommendation and a portfolio.
- Application should be completed online, portfolio images sent via WeTransfer and letters of recommendation e-mailed or mailed directly to Selena Rothwell c/o LongHouse from person writing them or by student's Guidance Counselor (will not be accepted if submitted by student).
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS FOR THE LONGHOUSE RESERVE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS (click here )
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR COLLEGE (2 or 4 yr), GRADUATE STUDENTS, AND INTERN PARTICIPANTS (click here)
Finalists will be notified no later than Monday, June 8, 2021.
Each college senior or graduate student finalist will be asked to meet with a small committee for a conversation regarding artist statement, personal experience at LongHouse and future goals. Date and time of conversation will be determined per availability of finalist and committee.